What is hypnobirthing?
Hypnobirthing helps women to prepare emotionally, physically and mentally for conception, pregnancy and birth. It works through a combination of self hypnosis techniques, deep relaxation and guided visualization to help you overcome fears, create a state of calm and relaxation, be more confident and so have a calmer, more relaxed pregnancy and birth.
Hypnobirthing is all about:
- overcoming fear
- learning ways to deal with any pain
- belief that you can do it
- learning practical ways to keep you comfortable and relaxed
- preparing both you & your birth partner
What are the benefits?
Hypnobirthing techniques are proven to help you have:
- a shorter labour
- less need for pain relief
- less chance of medical intervention
Additional benefits for Mum:
- taking time out during your pregnancy to relax during and spend time bonding with your baby
- improved sleep
- faster post natal recovery
- greater chance of breastfeeding successfully
Benefits for Baby:
- when Mum is able to give birth calmly and instinctively, Baby will receive high levels of oxygen and lower levels of stress hormones
- hypnobirthing babies tend to stay calm, quiet and alert when they are born
- higher APGAR scores (the measure of a newborn baby's health immediately after birth)
Benefits for birth partner:
- understanding what your partner needs
- increased confidence in your ability to support your partner
- learning practical techniques to help you both during labour
- understanding your choices and gaining confidence to work with the medical team
Which course is right for you?
Click on the links below to find out more...
- Group Hypnobirthing Workshops - 1 Day course
- The Wise Hippo Birthing Programme
- BabyBien Bespoke - Courses tailored to suit your personal needs
- Hypnobirthing Online Course